Saturday, January 7, 2012

MAC disappoints

I bought MAC Hyperviolet paintpot (limited edition) on a whim at the MAC counter, without consulting temptalia, makeupalley and blogs first, what a shame. Now I'm stuck with a product far from great...I wanted something dark and vampy for my eyes, to go along with MAC Media lipstick so i purchased...but sadly:

  • The consistency is quite dry.
  • It goes on patchy and streaky.
  • It looks more like an off-black than a purple, even a dark purple.
  • Used as a liner it's just mediocre.
  • It looks way too matte, and makes my eyelids look dry.
(Tip: If you own this product and do not like it, try adding some shimmery eyeshadow over the top, it looks more presentable)


Presented here: swatched lightly, and packed on heavily.

Which product disappointed you lately?

Can you tell i am obsessed with Shellac yet? I present you the shade Fedora, probably my ultimate favourite!

Have a nice weekend!

7 comments:

  1. aaww thats unfortunate it didnt work that well, its such a nice colour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried it in the crease? I always do this little test with my "muddy" and blah eyeshadows, some of them actually look very pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can always return it....i did that with a paint pot that i wasn't thrilled with

    ReplyDelete
  4. @socialitedreams- Sadly the return polices differ from US to EU and even with a receipt you cannot return a product :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a shame, the deep colour on your hand looks stunning. Try blending it into a smokey eye, it might be more useable then. M.A.C. liquid eyeliner left me bitter, it was terible!Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's such a great colour!! Too bad its not good...and i regreted for not buying it but i'm glad i didn't after reading ur post;-)

    I'm ur new follower:-)
    http://beautyincrisis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats a shame it didnt work ut, it looks like a blackened plum so I gues you could use it for a smokey eye with a twist. Also try using it with the MAC 217 brush. Hope this helps

    ReplyDelete