Tuesday, January 18, 2011

NOTD and 1 minute eye look

Featuring Barry M Mushroom.
This is one of my go-to shades ever, i love taupes and dark nails and honestly, i own Chanel Particuliere which looks exactly the same on the nails with no difference whatsoever,  and it chips on me within 24 hours so i reach out for this one way more often. Maybe i will do a review on both of them swatched side by side. I think that Barry M is amazing at duplicating the "it" colours that come out every season, with lower price and better quality.


This is my go to look when i want a quite defined, messy but still made up eye if i have 1 minute to get ready.
Products used:


  • MAC Cork
  • MAC coffee eye pencil
  • White shimmery eyeshadow from the Dior palette in Endless shine for the inner tearducts´
  • Maybelline Lash stiletto mascara (It´s an okay everyday mascara, not dark enough for me but lengthens well)
  • Chanel Amethyst eyeshadow
  • MAC #227 #219 brushes   
What i do is: 
  •  place some highlight colour on my inner tearducts with the MAC #219 to help brighten up the eye
  • sweep MAC cork all over the lid with the #227
  • trace a thick line of pencil and smudge it with the same #219 
  • Apply the black Chanel eyeshadow on top of the liner to set it and darken it even more
  • line the waterline and place some shadows to set it, to avoid racoon eyes
  • Apply mascara and done!
It honestly takes me less than 1 minute to do and i love the results.

What is the makeup that is failproof for you, or that you do when you have no time at all?

27 comments:

  1. I love this color! Unfortunately, Barry M nail polishes aren't available where I live, but my Chanel Particuliere with a good top coat works for me! =P
    Your one minute look is great! Thank you for sharing it with us!

    Andrée xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the nail polich color!

    please visit

    fuckthatfashionart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really wish we had Barry M here in Norway, really want to try their nail polishes :)

    I want to get hush and shell too, they look really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, and thank you for telling me about the hush highlighter, I dont want to look orange haha. Maybe shell would be better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The makeup and nail polish really looks great for casual daily look. My go-to colors nowadays are more into corals and i dont know why hehe. The nail polish really reminded me of mushrooms:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe thats okay, not everyone like her style. Would not be fun if everyone had the same taste in everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think i'll need to follow you not many decent makeup blogs out there,i adore that colour of nail paint i havent saw it in the shops!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm wearing that shade just now, I looove it :) If I have no time at all, I usually only apply concealer over any blemishes and then mascara, I hate not wearing mascara xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE that Barry M colour! Definitely my go-to as well xx


    http://leiladarling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the YSL faux cils too and i loved it until it dried up. Think i will stick to the Maybelline mascara, but i love trying out new ones. Maybe i will buy the Korres Mascara. I really love their face primer :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous nail polish color!
    love it <3
    GREAT BLOG,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great products! I liked reading about it. The nail polish is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ..what a great nail polish colour ..need to try it as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your blog , it's really something. check mine and if you like it follow me and i will follow you
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great nailcolor that is!


    Kisses, Froso from Style Nirvana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww thank you so much sweetie. I wish my skin was perfect haha :D Would love to try a clinique foundation :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the nude nail polish hun ,, and the eye shadow pallets look awesome

    ReplyDelete
  18. so cool this color! :)

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hopefully the wedges will be available in your H&M store, keeping my fingers crossed :)

    Xoxo Christine

    ReplyDelete
  20. that nailpolish colour is really pretty. definitely see myself wearing that colour during spring.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like nailpolish color !
    Look my blog and follow me if you want! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. That Barry M colour is gorgeous!!

    http://www.girlalamode.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you so much sweetie <3

    Xoxo Christine

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the nail polish colour! :)


    www.thecabinetoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete